Eager Beaver

That's it... my babies are officially too excited to meet their way awesome parents that they simply can not remain in utero as long as normally required.  In case you missed it... I've gone in to pre-term labor and have been in the hospital, fighting to keep this little one inside for 3 days now.
I began going into labor with Marco at 35 weeks, with bleeding, but we were able to hold off a bit and he was born at 36w0d.  The only reason he's a "36 weeker" is because he was born at 1am on the day of my week switch.  He was too early and had to go to the NICU for 6 days because his lungs were not yet mature enough.  Due to the fact that his labor was at an "almost ok" time, the doctors made no effort to stop the process, nor did they give him any steroids to mature his lungs.
I've been keeping positive this whole pregnancy, saying "I'm delivering ON my due date"!  I really really wanted to make it... but it's not gonna happen.  At 30w1d, I woke up with severe pain in my abdomen, followed by a gush of blood... not too comforting for a pregnant woman.  A few minutes after that, I noticed I was beginning to have contractions and by the time we made it to the hospital I was 1cm dilated and contracting ever 3-5 minutes.  That, ladies and gents, is what we call "active labor".  Not a good sign for a 30 weeker!  So, they had two choices, stop it or c-section me.
They considered the c-section because they were thinking that they reason I was bleeding was due to placental abrubtion.  After blood work and a super quick ultra sound, everything looked ok with the placenta, so they decided to stop the contractions.  I was put on a heavy dose of Magnesium for 48 hours.  I was also given steroid shots which help baby's lungs mature at a more rapid pace.  So, if and when he is born, he will have a little extra juice in him!
48 hours after my arrival, they took me off the Magnesium... which was nice.  The Mag makes you really drowsy, head-achy and you can't get up because they insist on putting in a cathetar.  I was feeling good and doing well for about 12 hours, and then the contractions started up again.  Since then, I've been given quite a cocktail of drugs which has made me feel hot, loopy, sluggish, and strange.  Unfortunately, not even this cocktail has stopped the contractions, so now I'm BACK on the Mag til tomorrow morning.  Basically, I was told that the Mag is the "BIGGEST gun we've got".  So, if that doesn't work, I don't think much else will.
I'm just praying to hold off as long as possible.  I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be having a c-section because the baby is breech.  I have come to terms that another one of my babies will be in the NICU for a while.  I have come to terms with the fact that the next few months will be rather difficult.
I know that God is in complete control.  I trust in His unfailing love and know that His hands are guiding me.  I can trust that what has happened and will happen are in His will and that His plan is the best one for me.
Please pray for me as well.


Stephanie Doyle said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this right now, but I am encouraged by your trust in God. Hang in there, you're in my prayers.

Noah's Mommy said...

Oh Nicole, so sorry. Having a C Section with another one running around is going to be rough! I am sure you have a great support system & all will pull through all of this. I had a C Section after 30 hours of labor & 5 hours of pushing. Hugs & keep us posted!

Jen said...

Praying for you and baby Nic......hoping all works out for the better...and im sure it will. xoxo Jen