An Update

So, as you may have read, I've been in the hospital since Tuesday with 30 week pre-term labor.  After much effort, all contractions have stopped, but unfortunately the bleeding has not.  This is a tricky situation because bleeding usually means one thing: Placenta Abruption.  This is a very very bad thing.  
The doctor had given me a sliver of false hope today and said that if everything continued going well (while on drugs), they'd release me tomorrow to have bed rest at home.  I could already feel my little boy in my arms... I've missed him so much!  Then, I began bleeding more than I had in the past few days.  The only reasonable explanation is placental abruption.  Unfortunately, according to the doctor, only 30% of abruptions appear on ultra sound scans, so just because the scan proves to be ok doesn't actually mean it is ok.  And, the doctor revoked my going home hope. 
They have decided to stop ALL meds and see what my body does.  The fear is that my body is trying to release the baby because something greater is going on, but we're not allowing it to because we continue to control the contractions.  So, we're not going to control it any more.  Basically, if I begin to contract, they're not going to stop my labor.  And, if my cervix begins to open, they'll c-section me as soon as I'm at 4cm.  We're in a total waiting game.  What will my body do now?  Are these contractions going to come back once the drugs in my system wear out?  Will they EVER send me home?
Tomorrow, I'll have another ultra sound with a growth scan, so we'll get to see how big our little one is.  Tomorrow I also hit 31 weeks!  Yay!  I didn't think I'd make it.  It's been a rough week, but we're gonna keep on holding on.


Bee said...

E-hugs for you, it sounds like you need them! I hope everything goes okay. Waiting is the hardest. You'll be in my thoughts!

Noah's Mommy said...

I am thinking of you & following your story! Sorry you're away from sweet Marco for so long. E-hugs as well.