Jonas at 18 Months

Today my youngest, my baby, my angel, turns 18 months old.  It blows my mind that the youngest child I will ever have is now a full blown toddler.  It makes me excited and breaks my heart, simultaneously.

Jonas is the sweetest kid ever.  He's so different from Marco and I LOVE that about him.

He's funny, but subtly.  Like he'll call Mauricio "Mama" instead of "Papai" because he knows it's not right... then he'll laugh about it.

He sings "Twinkle Twinkle", "Jesus Loves Me", "Happy Birthday" and a Portuguese song called "Pirulito".

He says a bunch of words and knows how to get his point across well.

He's extremely observant and understands everything you tell him to do.  He's always watching, listening and learning.

He's very cautious and takes his time doing things.  He'll still climb up onto the table, but he'll do it slowly, measuring each step.

He loves his brother, but hates being pummeled by him. Everything Marco does is just hilarious... until it involves him!

He's very sneaky and quiet when doing something he knows is against the rules, like playing in the toilet.

He runs very quickly to try and get away from me.

He loves cuddling on the couch or in our bed.


 Words can not express how amazing having this little miracle baby has been in our lives.  He has really made us feel complete.  He adds something that we didn't have before... sensitivity.  I feel blessed beyond measure to have him, to know him, and to have the extreme privilege of being his mama.  I can't wait to see what kind of big boy, kid, teen and man he turns into.



4 comments:

LeMeow521 said...

Such a beautiful blog. I'm so happy for you and your family. Makes me smile to read this.

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Both of your boys are cutie pies! I love how your blog exudes the love you have for them both!

S said...

I believe that last photo says it all. What a sweet babe!

Danielle-Marie said...

Happy 18 months to your little sweetheart! I think it's adorable that he already sings! Come teach Hannah how to sing, Jonas!