PINspired

Tell me, who ISN'T obsessed with Pinterest these days?  
For me, Pinterest serves a great purpose and is super helpful with planning.  For example, I have an entire board just for Marco's upcoming birthday party.  I can't wait to get started on all of that!  But mostly, my pins are all extremely practical.  

Let's be real, I'm never going to have THAT Kitchen, or THAT Bathroom, or THAT house, so WHY bother pinning it?  Yes, I would LOVE to have all of the above, but it's just not realistic.  

I'm a realist... not a dreamer. 

So, what then do I use Pinterest for?  You can be my Friend and see for Yourself! Or, I can just tell you. MOPS food, crafts and ideas... recipes to try out with the family... Marco's 3rd Birthday party... Ideas for the Boys' future room... REALISTIC ideas for design when we have our own house... And things I love. 

A little boring, I know... but that's what being realistic is like.  

But recently, I've been trying a few recipes out and I have some to share with you.  I became PINspired and wanted to PINspire you as well!

1.  Strawberry Gummies

I decided to give these a try because Marco is OBSESSED with fruit snack gummies.  And even though I get the organic ones, they're still filled with additives.  This isn't exactly the same, but might be a good alternate.  
This is ridiculously easy.  Literally, cut up strawberries, put them face down on a pan, sprinkle with sugar and salt and put in the oven for 3 hours at 210F.  
So now for the million dollar question... Did it work?  No.  Mine look nothing like this beautiful picture.  Mine were shriveled, stuck to the pan and flat.  I couldn't even lift them from the pan... I had to scrape them off and throw them away.  I don't get it because I followed the instructions exactly.  I'm definitely going to try this again, but I'm NOT going to cut the strawberries and I'm going to use the non-stick foil, because apparently the non-stick pan wasn't good enough.  I'm disappointed. 

2.  Honey Mustard Chicken

OMG, can you just see how amazing this chicken looks.  Sadly, looks can be deceiving.  It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't great either.  The breadcrumbs got a little soggy and it was just mediocre.  We wont be trying this one again.  It's a shame too because when I see the picture, I immediately begin drooling.  


3.  Oreo Truffles

I made this back in December for a Cookie Exchange I was involved in.  It was a huge hit.  Instead of using white chocolate, I just used plain milk chocolate.  It was pretty easy, but time consuming... I would definitely only do this one again if I could make a small batch.  You have to dip the rolls in the chocolate really quickly or the chocolate begins to set and you have to keep reheating it.  It's also REALLY rich, so you can only eat one or two at a time. 

Hope you enjoyed my PINspiration... this may become a series for me as I go along doing Pinteresting things.  Let me know if you decide to try any of these recipes... I'd love to hear what you thought about them!  

1 comments:

Danielle-Marie said...

I have an entire board for Landon's 3rd birthday next month too! Haha. And now, I'm off to follow you on Pinterest. I have a feeling we'll like the same pins!