PINspired

Ever since I started this blog series, I've been on a mission to MAKE some of the things I pin.  It's fun.  Better than just dreaming about it.

Here are the 3 recipes found on Pinterest that I have accomplished:

1. Banana Banana Bread



This recipe I tried on a whim.  I had 3 disgustingly rotten bananas, so I figured, why not make lemonade out of lemons... or in this case, banana bread out of rotten bananas?!  The thing that I loved about this recipe is that it contains ALL the ingredients you ALREADY have in your pantry.  No need to run to the store for that hard to find item.  It's the PERFECT nap time accomplishment!  And it makes the house smell... OMG, a-mah-zing.

My Brazilian family is accustomed to having Banana CAKE, so I had to remind them that it WASN'T cake... it wasn't supposed to be THAT sweet.  But I think it was a hit!  My kids loved it.  And it was sooooo good with butter.  This one is a keeper!

2. Chocolate Pretzel Rings



I made these with a friend.  It is the perfect thing to do with kids at a playdate.  Not MY kids, of course, but maybe with yours. I think mine are still too young to want to do anything but EAT all the chocolate.  This is easy peasy and the kids LOVED it.  For my personal taste, it was a bit too sweet because the Kisses are so big compared to the pretzel.  But like I said, this is kid friendly and they will devour it!

3. Cucumber Sandwiches



At MOPS this week, we had a Tea & Testimony special event.  This is what I brought.  What kind of tea party doesn't have Cucumber Sandwiches, eh?  This was so delish.  It's a little involved, so you have to prepare everything the day ahead and then actually assemble right before the party... but it's worth it!  This adds a little class to any party... well, an adult party, of course.

So that's what I've been trying lately.  Don't you LOVE this post.  I gave you a family recipe, a kid recipe and a grown-up recipe.  It's pretty good, if I do say so myself.  haha!

Happy Pinning!

2 comments:

Helô Laguna said...

Oi Nicole!
Yes! I love this post!, congrats, but EU QUERO A RECEITA DE TUDO! please...bolo de banana banana e sanduiches de pepino....
hummmmmm...que delicia!

Danielle-Marie said...

LOVE your pinspired posts. I just bought bananas yesterday and I'm going to intentionally let a couple go disgustingly brown so I can make the banana bread! Reminds me of my Gramma...who is THE sweetest woman on earth.