Tag, You're It!

Actually, I'm it... for now.  But you're it next!

Callie from Through Clouded Glass tagged me in a blog link-up game thingy.  Fun!
The rules are:
1.  Tell 11 random facts about me
2.  Answer the 11 questions provided by tagger.
3.  Tag new people with 11 new questions.

I was recently passed a different blog tag award and you can read my random facts HERE.  I honestly am not interesting enough to come up with 11 new random facts about myself.
But I will answer the questions that Callie asked, so here we go:

1.  If you could listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely Jason Mraz at Java Joes... it's his acoustic album from before he blew up.  I love this album for several reasons... first, it's acoustic.  Second, he improvises and scats throughout... hot.  And last, I used to listen to this cd religiously when Mau and I first started dating, so every song reminds me of our blossoming love... double hot. 

2.  If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I was a teacher.  I used to teach middle school Chorus and I loved it.  The only subject I'd ever want to teach is Chorus.  The only reason I can handle the job is because it's music.  I love music, not teaching and not children.  haha.

3.  What is your favorite verse/quote?
"I can do ALL things through Him who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13

4.  Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was too lazy to put together a scrap book of Marco's first year, and then felt incredibly guilty.  So I decided that keeping a journal/blog/log/record of his life with stories, pictures and lessons would be way more valuable than a baby book.  But then I realized that by doing this, I was learning a lot about myself too.  And I got hooked. 

5.  What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible)?
1984.  But you have to read it as an adult and not as a school assignment.  If you read it in high school, you must read it again. It's genius.  And terrifying. 

6.  Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
Depending on if I'm thirsty or not.  If I'm thirsty, then it's a Caramel Frap.  If I'm not thirsty, then a Caramel Machiatto

7.  Would you rather it snow or rain?
Rain.  I abhor the snow.  Snow is fun... for about 2 minutes.  That's all.

8.  Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
Always wear a bra.

9.  Most read website or blog?
Facebook junky and now I'm becoming addicted to Twitter too... 

10.  One thing you'd tell your 13 year old self?
"In one year, you'll meet your husband... and he'll be young and immature... but wait for him anyway, and don't do anything stupid". 

11.  What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
She loved Jesus and is now living with Him.  
------------------------------------
Now I pass this honor on to a few blogs that I read and love.  You should check them out too!

Mama Dee at Sleep Is For The Weak

Jessi at Notes of Life and Love

Aly at Alys Bloggity Blog

Allie at Table For More

S at Already Right Where I Belong

Ladies, if you've recently been tagged, please don't feel like you have to re-do it... no obligation here, just have fun! And here are your 11 questions:

1.  If you could meet and hang out with the cast of one reality tv show, which would it be?
2.  How many kids do you want?
3.  What would be your dream job?
4.  If you won the lotto, what charity would you donate to?
5.  If money was no problem what would you want for your birthday?
6.  What is the last book you read and did you enjoy it?
7.  What is the last movie you saw and did you enjoy it?
8.  What is your #1 parenting principle?
9.  What is your #1 marriage principle?
10. What is your favorite weekday dinner to make?
11. Why do you enjoy blogging?

-------
And if you get a chance to read, one of the most powerful posts I've ever written:
On this day in 2011: Not By Me, But By Him

2 comments:

Callie said...

Ha, your mom's advice made me laugh - good words. :-) And cold drinks at Starbucks really do quench thirst better!

Danielle-Marie said...

I already did this but I'll answer your questions here:

1. If you could meet and hang out with the cast of one reality tv show, which would it be?
Jersey Shore fo sho!

2. How many kids do you want?
I think 2, which I already have :)

3. What would be your dream job?
Registered Nurse or an OBGYN.

4. If you won the lotto, what charity would you donate to?
Sick Kids. I typed that without even thinking about it.

5. If money was no problem what would you want for your birthday?
Travel across Europe with my fam.

6. What is the last book you read and did you enjoy it?
It's been so long since I've read a new book but the last book I re-read was Angels & Demons.

7. What is the last movie you saw and did you enjoy it?
Abduction. Meh, mediocre at best.

8. What is your #1 parenting principle?
Listen to your instincts.

9. What is your #1 marriage principle?
As long as there's love, it's worth working on.

10. What is your favorite weekday dinner to make?
Tacos!

11. Why do you enjoy blogging?
Soooo many reasons. Being able to vent, the blogging community...the friends, the support, the advice. All of it!